Butternut Squash Lasagna
This is a firm HEX favourite. A one hundred percent perfect post training dinner. Packed full of protein as well as good quality carbs.
The parmesan cheese isn't necessary but a small about on the top to make the crust golden brown is well worth it.
It requires some effort but well worth it. It's a great Sunday meal prep dish. Make a big one and you can save it for lunches and dinners throughout the working week.
- High Protein
- Low Carb
- Meal prep storage
- Post Workout nutrition
- 1 tbsp olive oil OR Coconut oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 500g beef mince (look for grass fed or lean)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g chopped tomato (mascarpone sauce optional)
- 6 leaves of sage, roughly chopped
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 pack butternut squash lasagne sheets (sold in Sainsbury's - genius!)
- 25g parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Throw in diced onions. Add mince and fry until browned all over. Add mushrooms and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Pour 75% of the tomato (and mascarpone sauce) into the frying pan. Add the spinach and sage.
- Once cooked add a into an over proof dish and then cover with a layer of butternut squash lasagne sheets. Repeat this until the mix is used up. Make sure the butternut squash is the final layer.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce and top with parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake in the oven for approximately 50 minutes until a golden brown crust has formed.
- Per 100g Serving
- Calories - 355kcal
- Fat - 14.1g
- Carbs - 18.7g
- Protein - 35g