Banana Protein Bread
Another HEX staple. We love this stuff. We'll make one or two of these every couple of weeks. Perfect after a workout, delicious with nut butter spread, and full of goodness.
Get your bake on!
- Excellent source of both Protein and Carbs
- Packed full of vitamins (namely Omega 3 and Potassium)
- Alternative to oat bars like TREK that have higher sugar content
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2 serving scoops of Banana or Natural Protein Powder
- 4 ripe banana's
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of oat milk (or almond/coconut)
- 1 tsp of nut butter
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 4 eggs whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl throw in all the ingredients and mix
- Use a blender or nutribullet if you have one
- Ensure it's a goey consistency before adding it to the baking dish (add more milk alternative if you need to)
- Grease a baking dish and add the mixture
- Bake for 45mins until golden brown.
- Let it cool and serve or store
- Per thick slice
- Calories - 112kcal
- Fat - 6.5g
- Carbs - 11g
- Protein - 8g
*Nutritional content is an estimate