Potato and Vegetable Frittata
This is a seriously quick and easy to make meal packed full of nutrition. It's also versatile enough to be a decent breakfast, lunch or dinner meal.
It's also easy mix up with different ingredients (adding salmon or bacon add's a whole new dimension to what's already seriously tasty). What's more, you can change macro split by simply removing the potato, useful if you're looking for less carbs.
- Excellent source of both Protein and Carbs
- Packed full of vitamins (namely Omega 3)
- Cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Add or remove different ingrediants to change the nutritional macro splits
- 3 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- Cocunut Oil
- 1 x Red Onion
- 1 x Corgette
- 1 x Green Pepper
- 6 x New Potato's
- 1/2 cut of paramesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs
- Heat up coconut oil in a medium sized cast iron pan
- Throw in the onion and cook until soft
- Add the potato's and cook until soft before adding peppers, courgette and basil/salt, cook for a further 5-8 mins
- Pour in the egg mixture
- Cook until the egg has set around the edge of the pan but still slightly running in the centre.
- Through on the spinach leaves and tomatoes and cook for a further couple of minutes
- Remove from the pan by tipping upside down using a plate (see video).
- Add back to the pan, sprinkle parmesan over the top and cook in the oven for a further 10 mins.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Per quater slice
- Calories - 530kcal
- Fat - 23g
- Carbs - 32g
- Protein - 16g
*Nutritional content is an estimate