Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This is a great alternative to a standard pizza especially if you're trying to avoid grains or simple looking for a vegetable fix. Packed full of vegetables, vitamins and nutrients.
It requires a bit of effort but there are some short cuts (namely buying pre- shredded cauliflower from your local Tesco's).
- Low Carb
- Packed full of veg
- Alternative to Pizza
INGREDIENTS - BASE
- 1 Cauliflower head (or pre- shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour or almond flower
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
INGREDIENTS - TOPPING
- Red Onion
- Chopped Tomatoes (one can)
- Mixed Herbs
- Fresh Basil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Shred the cauliflower head (remove stalks) until finely chopped either in a blender, nutribullet or by hand. Or if you've opted for the pre shredded Tesco version, even better.
- Add the cauliflower into a bowl, cover with cling film and microwave for 5 mins until soft. Leave to cool.
- One cool, stir in almond/coconut flour, egg's, oregano, garlic and herbs.
- Grease a baking try and add the mixture, create/mould your pizza base.
- Bake for 18mins until golden brown.
- Whilst the base is in the oven heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Throw in diced onions, garlic and mixed herbs and cook until soft.
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for around 8-10mins until thick.
- Add the tomato sauce to the base - spread evenly.
- Then add your toppings; in this case it's pepperoni, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 10mins or so. Then done!
- Per quarter slice
- Calories - 225kcal
- Fat - 21g
- Carbs - 12g
- Protein - 8g
*Nutritional content is an estimate and should be used as a rough guideline only.